Thursday, November 4, 2010

British Paranormal Romance Author- Kristal Mckerrington

Scribal Love Welcomes International Author Kristal McKerrington!  




Kristal McKerrington is an author of the first book to be done in the Hip Hop genre in Canada.  Her newest work The Highlander With The Ink is available from XOXO Publishing. 


Hello, its a wonderful to be here and to have the chance to meet your readers today.


So where do you hail?  


I come from Glasgow Scotland. 


What inspired you to write this book?


The stories and legends of the original town I came from. 


Do you have a specific writing style?  


I don't, I write every genre and I love the idea of writing in every single one of them.


What is the name of your latest book?  And how did you come up with the title?


'The Highlander With The Ink' is apart of the Tattoo Anthology that is coming out at XOXO Publishing. I came up with the title when I knew that I was writing about Highland people and they had tattoo's.


What is 'The Highlander With The Ink' about?


Its about the Norse Gods looking for their soulmates in our modern times and how they are adjusting and how their tattoo's are so important. 


What books have most influenced your life most?


Rachel Caine's Morganville Series, Catherine Cookson and Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is the latest ones to really influence them. 


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?


Either Sherrilyn Kenyon, Rachel Caine and Drea. 


What books are you reading now?  


Sherrilyn Kenyon's No Mercy,  A Nordic Research book and The Highlander Series by Karen Marie Moning.




Hip Hop Fiction
What are your current projects?


I have a 22 book series am working on, a wrestling contemporary romance series and working on some single projects. 


Do you find that international audiences are different than your home or native country's audience?  


Yes, they get more excited and more addicted to what am doing. 




Do you see writing as a career?


Yes, I can safely say that I do now see it as my career.






If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?


Nope


Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


Yes, I didn't have a ways of means of making my Aunt a pressie so I wrote her a story and I wanted to do it to save my ideals careers.


What's a pressie?


It's the Scottish word for present.


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


Long dialogues and my grammar. 


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?


Yes, I did I learned that sometimes action pieces are harder to write then love scenes. 


Do you have any advice for other writers?


No matter what keep your head held up high and read plenty from the Company you want to sign with.  Start small and get bigger as you go. 

Thank you Kristal for dropping by!  


You are welcome!  


You can find Kristal on the web at:  


Blogspot for my latest updates:- http://kristalmckerringtons.blogspot.com
Author Site:- www.kristalmckerrington.webs.com
Twitter:- www.twitter.com/@K_Mkerrington
Facebook Fan Site:- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kristal-McKerringtons-Offical-Fan-Page







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe