Monday, March 14, 2011

We Welcome Summerhouse Publishing to our Blog!

Scribal Love Welcomes Summerhouse Publishing. 


Publisher Celia Kyle joins us today. 


Welcome Celia!
 

So could you tell us a little about yourself? 


During the day, I'm an Assistant Controller of a multi-million dollar company that manages a billion dollar portfolio of apartment communities and commercial buildings. By night, I'm a multi-published author of over thirty works.  I've also created several multi-author series' including Strange Hollow at Liquid Silver Books and the Big, Blooming & Wild and Dragon Kin series' with Changeling Press.  I've also worked as the Art Director for Aspen Mountain Press. 

When or how did your love for writing develop? 


I actually started reviewing for The Romance Studio and Just Erotic Romance Reviews. I probably read several hundred books before my taste for writing began to show itself. Once I wrote my first book (which will never see the light of day), I was hooked. I wrote another, then another, getting better each time, developing my voice and finding my niche. 

I understand you Co-own Summerhouse Publishing.  Could you tell us a little bit about it? 


We're a small publisher of romance (from sweet to erotic) and erotica with our grand opening scheduled for March 14th. While we're just starting out, we're dedicated to providing our authors and readers with an enjoyable, yet professional, experience.   


What do you look for in your submissions and your authors? 


We look for authors excited about their works, about joining Summerhouse Publishing and dedicated to making their work the best it can be. As for submissions…Excite me, engage me, have fun!  The way to do all of those things doesn't necessarily mean you should hand me something “safe”. Spread your wings, stoke your imagination and if your muse hands you something you think may be too “out there”, indulge it for a little while. 


Do you take unagented submissions? 


Absolutely! 


Do you take unsolicited submissions? 


Of course!   


Would you say that your company specializes in any particular genre? 


No, not at this time though I don't anticipate that changing.  We want to be able to offer a little bit of everything to our readers. From paranormal erotic romance to sweet gothic romance that ends with a kiss.   


How would you describe your relationship with your authors especially during the editing process?  And through the development of the book? 


I think we have a close relationship with our authors. We encourage open communication and absolute transparency when dealing with authors whether contracted or not.  As for the editing process, I tell everyone to take what they can use and apply and dump the rest.  We're not in the business to change an author's voice.  We simply want to make sure that it shines. So far, we've received a positive response from authors that have completed our editing process as well as those that we have requested revisions from.   


What kind of product are you looking to deliver to your readers? 


Engaging, exciting and captivating books. Short or long, sweet or erotic, SHP wants to be a go-to place for readers.  We've got three lines of short works geared toward readers searching for something on their lunch hour to novels for those that like to settle in for a night spent in another world.   


What would you like for your readers to know about Summerhouse Publishing? 


We open March 14th with two books. One titled Her Dark Fairy by Ella Vines and one titled Phoenix Intelligence Agency: Indigo Rain by Taige Crenshaw. Both give readers different flavors with Ella taking us into the past where love blooms in a forest and Taige taking bringing us back to a more contemporary setting involving shape-shifters, powers and the end of the world. Or is it? 


Are there any authors or books that you are excited about? 


I'm excited about them all.  That's a bland answer, though, isn't it?  Honestly, they're all so different that it's tough to single one or two out.  Ella Vines gives me historical paranormal erotic romance.  Taige Crenshaw gives me action and adventure with plenty of sexy romance. Wayne Greenough tugs me into space while KG McAbee hurls me into the past with her gothic romance.  Davida McLea drops me on the side of the road and Scottie Blaine shows me her love of horses and manlove.  Then there's Mina Carter who always manages to get your heart pumping with both fighting and sex…sometimes at the same time. And Lizzie Lynn Lee brings me a lot of passion, both in and out of the bedroom. 


How can I just pick one or two, right? 


Thanks for Dropping by Celia!


Oh yeah by the way, where can we find you on the web? 


Our books will be available through http://summerhousepublishing.com


We've also got a blog at http://blog.summerhousepublishing.com, a twitter account at http://twitter.com/summerhousepublishing and a facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SummerhousePublishing/141245195930650



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe