Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Erotic Paranormal Romance Author JL Oiler Discusses Her Latest Work "Between3"


Scribal Love Welcomes JL Oiler

JL Oiler is an author of Erotic Paranormal Romance. Her newest work Between3 is available from Rebel Ink Press.




What is the name of your latest book? And how did you come up with the title?
My latest release is titled Between3 and the title was actually more difficult to compose then the story. In the end my publisher asked who the story was between (meaning the characters) and I made a side comment about it being between three. Poof we had our title!

What is this book about?  And what genre is this book in?

The book is a Paranormal Erotic Romance (Menage to be exact) and is the story of Celeste Drain who is preparing to get herself out of a very bad relationship with her bosses son. When things don’t go as planned a pair of hunks jump in to provide some assistance. One thing lead to another and the three end up in a hotel for a night of hot sex. All of them believe this is just a simple one-night stand.

Our hunks are actually gatekeepers at one of the gates to hell, enjoying some rest from duties. When they return a violent breakout is underway, which leads to the escape of some very unsavory monsters. This forces our heroes to return to the surface world of man where they discover that the little one-nighter with Celeste was far more than any of them expected.


Who is/are the main characters?  And why did you choose them?

The main Characters are:

Celeste Drain – a woman looking to find herself and her own strength.
Craig (no last name) – the strong gatekeeper who is a man more of action then of words.
Justin (no last name) – the cocky bad boy who loves a good fight and a strong woman.
I cannot honestly say I chose the characters. It was more that they chose me.


What is the coolest or best part about your book?  (Any Favorite scenes, the world-building etc..

I think the best part of my book is seeing Celeste becoming empowered enough to stand on her own despite the cost.

Do you have a favorite character in the book?  If so, why?
Celeste friend Piper because she is sarcastic and strong willed (just like me).

Is this book part of a series?  If so? What can we expect in future books?
Originally, it was to be stand-alone story but after I started hearing Pipers voice whispering in my ears I think it may become a series.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
No I love it just as it is.

Do you have a publisher?  And if so, why did you choose them?

Rebel Ink Press is truly awesome to work with. Though they are a fairly now publisher they are very supportive of the needs of their authors and provide a PR liaison that is beyond compare.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
I work with a small group of writers that support and are more family then friends. We cheer each other and provide honesty in all aspects of our writing. The Wicked mused are my true supporters in not only my writing live but the one I walk through every day. They are Lila Munro, Bethann Beuhler, and Carl Franklin.  

What books are you reading now?
Krelsey Cole’s Kiss of the Demon King (for the second time) 

What are the current writing projects that you are working on?
I am currently working with Lila Munro, and Bethann Beuhler on the second in our Anthology Series, Force Recon: Semolia.

Do you write full time?  If not, do you hope to do so one day?
I would love to be able to write full time!

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
My father was a big reader which feed my desire to both read and to write.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
I actually write ménage stories because I find working the conversation and actions of three individuals in a single scene a wonderful challenge.

Do you have any advice for other writers seeking to get published for the first time?

Connect with other writers and never fear asking questions!


Thanks for having me here and please stop by my author site for a visit, www.joiler.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe