Monday, October 4, 2010

Paranormal Erotica Author, Courtney Breazile, Discusses Her Novel "Mating Call"


Scribal Love Welcomes Courtney Breazile

Courtney Breazile is an author of Paranormal Erotica. Her newest work Mating Call is available from Extasy Books.


What inspired you to write this book?

This is the fourth in my paranormal series Immortal Council Series. I was inspired by the idea of giving this heroine a lover, she is a part of other stories in the series, and not a nice character. She needed to be taught some acceptance and what better way then with hot sex?

Do you have a specific writing style?
I don’t know what it would be, but I’m sure I do. I imagine all my stuff has a similar style, although not an intended one.

What is the name of your latest book?
And how did you come up with the title? Mating Call. It relates to the way each species in the book recognizes its mate.
What is Mating Call about?
Lillian, an Animal Elf, takes on the task of saving a young werewolf, Henry. She discovers he is her mate, although she tries to deny it. She needs his help, however, to find and protect her daughter. Their mating can’t be denied, as they find out.

What books have most influenced your life most?

I have always read, not sure what has been the most influential. I always enjoyed Horror from Stephen King and Romance from pretty much anyone I could get my hands on growing up. Since then I have leaned heavily toward paranormal. I don’t find too much I don’t like.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
I love Karen Marie Moning…she could mentor me and I would be happy.

What books are you reading now?
I have been reading a lot of Kresly Cole lately.

What are your current projects?
I am working on the next in this series as well as a couple other things.
Do you see writing as a career?
I do, although I haven’t been able to quit my day job quite yet.
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
No, I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I don’t know, but I always enjoyed it.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Sometimes its difficult to keep things straight, so I keep copious notes on characters and such.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I think I learn how to be a better writer every time I write a new book, so yes, although I can’t pinpoint what it may have been.
Do you have any advice for other writers?

If you are a new writer…Keep writing! Don’t give up, just keep perfecting your art.

Where can we find you on the web?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe