Sunday, April 3, 2011

Romance Author Jena Discusses her Newest Romance 'Perfect Man'


Scribal Love Welcomes Jena Galifany


Jena Galifany is an author of Romance.  Her newest work Her Perfect Man is available from RedRosePublishing.com.  


What is the name of your latest book? And how did you come up with the title?


Her Perfect Man was originally called, Murder, Yes or No. After it was received by the publisher, we tossed around a few ideas for the title but found during the editing phase that what Anna kept refering to throughout the story was her "perfect man". Thus we went with that. 


What is this book about?  And what genre is this book in?


This is the story of a young woman, Anna Scott, who can see things in the future and knows that she will have everything she wants in life. She knows she will have the perfect man but does not see clearly who that man is. Colin Marsec has known Anna since they were both eight and loves her dearly. She doesn't see him for more than a stand-in brother but he hopes she will come to love him as much as he loves her. Unfortunately, Chase Trent shows up, a man who has everything Anna wants. The story begins in 1907 in Southampton, England. It has been listed in the genre of suspense.
 

How long have you been writing in this genre?


I write in several genres. Her Perfect Man and The Long Way Home are the two out of six published works that are listed as suspense. I don't purposely write in any genre. I follow the characters and see where they take me.
 

Who are the main characters?  And why did you choose them?


Anna Scott, Colin Marsec, and Chase Trent. Anna is a girl who sees things but doesn't always correctly interpret what she sees. Colin is that wonderful friend that most people have but fail to recognize. He is based on a long time friend of mine who has helped me in several situations over the years. The book is dedicated to him, too. Chase is the antagonist, a cruel man, one of many I've known. There is a lot of personal experience in this story and I learned a lot about myself while writing it.
 

Where did the idea for your book come from?


I was actually angry at my ex-husband when I wrote a short two page story to vent my anger. My close friends who read it wanted me to expound on the blurb with the evil ending. It actually took me eighteen years to finish writing the extended version so I hope it will do well.
 
In your opinion, what makes a good story?


A good story will stir emotion. It does not matter what the emotion is, anger, love, hate. But if the emotions are not involved when reading it, the author didn't do their job. It's easy to say that there should be a strong beginning, a tension building middle and a exposive climax, but what emotion did the story leave you with? That's what I look for.
 

Can you give us a quick taste of what's inside?


The Blurb:


Anna Scott could see snippets of the future, what was going to happen before it happened. Unfortunately, she couldn't clearly see the perfect man she knew she should marry, or the years of unhappiness she would have to endure before her dreams came true. 
Colin Marsec would do anything to be close to Miss Anna.  He tried to make her see beyond her dreams, to see him as the man who loved her. Once she chose Chase Trent his reckless living trapped him into an unwanted marriage with a woman who would ruin his life.  


Chase Trent breezed into Southampton fresh from America, presenting himself as the perfect man.  Good looks, charm and money blinded the saucy Anna. Chase was used to the best and this little sample of English tart would look good on his arm.  To top it off, she thought he was perfect.  On their wedding day, Chase proved to his bride that he was the furthest thing from the man Anna expected him to be.   


And what of the flattering and attractive Justin Waring? With so many choices, will Anna find her perfect man? 
 

Is this book a part of a series?  And if so what can we look for in the future?


Her Perfect Man was more of a learning experience and I don't think I will be taking it any further than it has gone.  


Do you have anything specific you would like to say to your readers?


I truly appreciate each person who reads my books. Without you, I would have no purpose for my imagination, no sharing of my words. You give me purpose and I appreciate you!
 

Thanks Jena For Dropping By!


Where can we find you on the web? 


http://jenagalifany.bravehost.com
http://www.myspace.com/jenagalifany
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/jena.galifany 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe