Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Please Welcome S.L. Danielson as She Discusses Her Newest Male/Male Romantic Work "Life After Math"

Scribal Love Welcomes S.L. Danielson
S. L. Danielson is an author of male/male romantic/erotic fiction.  Her newest work Life After Math is available from Silver Publishing.

What is the name of your latest book? 
Life After Math  
And how did you come up with the title?
The 1st book was named Love by the Numbers, and since it’s about a math tutor; it fit the couple and the theme.

What is this book about?

This book is a sequel and follows two college students named Scott and Jared. They are a newly-committed couple who are facing the new challenges that school will bring, such as wanna-be boyfriends, and lost time together.

And what genre is this book in? 

It could be considered YA (Young adult) since they are 18 at the outset, but they finish at age 22; so it is two adults; which makes it applicable to the erotica division.

Who is/are the main characters? The two main characters are Scott Williams and Jared Adamson. 
And why did you choose them? I chose them because they were the main characters from the first book.

What is the coolest or best part about your book?  (Any Favorite scenes, the world-building etc…)

Hmmm…that’s a toughie! Overall, I love the drama, so I love it whenever there’s a twist or turn and a huge fight or a big makeup scene….this book has all of those!

Do you have a favorite character in the book?  If so, why? 

Scott is definitely my favorite. He’s the outcast as he was in the first book, but has fit in a bit more since he began dating Jared. He’s the underdog; and I consider myself to be like he was; shy, unassuming, but dying on the inside for attention.

Is this book part of a series?  

Yes, the 2nd.  

If so? What can we expect in future books?

I have toyed with the thought of doing a third book to cover this duo to the very end. (hint, there might be wedding bells)…or will there?

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

I’d say no; I took my time with it and had it go through betas and got lots of feedback. I’m happy with the finished product.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 

I learned it was easy to write these two; they are instilled so well in my mind.

Do you have a publisher?  

Yes, Silver. 

And if so, why did you choose them?  
They took me on as one of their first indie self-pubbed authors and listed my books. Now, since they are full-service, I submitted it to them first. I was so thrilled the day they accepted!

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 

Hmmm…I don’t have a lot of mentors (except for school). I’d say my inspirations come from my good friend Julie, and from my beta readers Yolanda and Linda. They help me pick the story apart and see it from a reader’s perspective. That’s invaluable!

What books are you reading now?  

In the next few days I’ll be starting books submitted for judging in a contest! I’m super excited about being able to be a voice in that process.

What are the current writing projects that you are working on?

Currently, I have One in beta stage, another under consideration, and three more on the fire. I always have something cooking.

Do you write full time? 

No, but I wish I could.
If not, do you hope to do so one day?

Definitely! Dream come true!
Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 

From the time I was a very young girl; I did all kinds of things, but writing is the only thing that ever ‘stuck’. Even my family knew it from the outset. My brother predicted I’d be an author years ago.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


Finding the time to do it and the proper inspiration. Right now I live in less than ideal surroundings; and hope to one day have a private, silent office where I can think and create on a whim.

Do you have any advice for other writers seeking to get published for the first time?


Yes…first and foremost, find a good beta reader! This could be a friend, a mentor, someone whom can look at your tale and go through it for inconsistencies, ask questions, point out errors, etc. Not an editor; but better.

Also, be patient!!! I’ve had to learn this the hard way. Waiting for an answer is killer to me; I’ve had to make myself work on or think of other things while waiting.

Also, that publisher you submit to…check them out first! Get recommendations from fellow authors or Preditors and Editors’s site. I got bitten on this one; again, lesson learned. I was lucky to have found and friended Silver’s CEO and with my other publisher was a recommendation from a friend. I’ve had great experiences with both…so it pays to do your research!

Thanks S.L. for Dropping by!

You can find her on the web at:

http://silverpublishing.info

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe