Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Contemporary Romance Author Lacie Nation's Newest Book 'So Beautifully Broken'


'''
Scribal Love Welcomes Lacie Nation


Lacie Nation is an author of contemporary romance.  Her newest work So Beautifully Broken is available from Secret Cravings Publishing.  



What is the name of your latest book?  And how did you come up with the title? 


So Beautifully Broken, the title popped into my head when I was on the verge of sleep one night. I literally sat up and said “That's it!”  


What is this book about?  And what genre is this book in? 


It's a contemporary romance novel about overcoming pain and addiction.
 

Who is/are the main characters?  And why did you choose them? 


Lilly Banks and Jack Hollister, I chose them because they just fit together. She is a broken mess with nowhere to go, and used to be. The balance each other out.
 

What is the coolest or best part about your book?  (Any Favorite scenes, the world-building etc..)


The coolest part about the book is when Lilly finally overcomes her fears about trusting Jack. When she finally realizes he won't hurt her the way so many others have. 


Do you have a favorite character in the book?  If so, why? 


Lilly, of course, she is so innocent in so many ways. In the beginning of the book, she is just so lost and broken in her addiction. When she decides to get better and is in a clear mind, she realizes she is an amazing person. She learns how to love and let someone love her.  


Is this book part of a series?  If so? What can we expect in future books? 


No, it's not part of a series.  


If not?  Are you considering expanding it?


No, I couldn't stand the thought of putting these characters through any more drama. I decided to let them live on in fictional peace.  


If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 


No, I don't think I would. I'm happy with the way it turned out. 


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?


I learned that I don't like writing fluff and fillers. LOL… if I could write dramatic scenes I would be a happy camper! 


Do you have a publisher?  And if so, why did you choose them?


I do have a publisher, Secret Cravings publishing; I submitted my manuscript to them because they were extremely helpful when it came to answering all my questions. They take the time to help new authors grow into their own. I don't think I would have gotten through this entire process without everyone associated with them.
 

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 


There are so many authors I look up to, I couldn't begin to choose just one. 


What books are you reading now?


 I'm in between books at the moment. I don't really know what I will read next. 


What are the current writing projects that you are working on?


I just received a contract for my second book called One Courageous Dare.  


Do you write full time?  If not, do you hope to do so one day? 


I am extremely lucky because I work from home. That gives me the ability to write when I have ideas. One day I would absolutely love to write on a full time basis.
 

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


I have always loved to write. It's very cleansing and helps me deal with things I wouldn't normally discuss with anyone. 


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


Creating characters that people can connect with, anytime I write one, I worry if people will love them as much as I do. 


Do you have any advice for other writers seeking to get published for the first time?


Don't give up. The publishing world is huge and there are plenty of opportunities out there. You just have to find the publisher that's right for you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe