Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome Erotic Paranormal Romance Author Cynthia Arsuaga as Discusses her Newest Work "Born to Be Wild"

Scribal Love Welcomes Cynthia Arsuaga!

Cynthia Arsuaga is an author of Erotic Paranormal Romance. Her newest work 'Born to Be Wild' is available from Secret Cravings Publishing.





What is the name of your latest book?

This is my debut book.

And how did you come up with the title?

The title is the name of the heroine’s favorite song.

What is this book about?

A female (human) vampire bounty hunter on a hunt for a rogue vampire on a killing spree up the East Coast of the United States. She meets another vampire, a brooding 500 year old Enforcer who despises bounty hunters, and ends up falling for the feisty woman and helping her on her quest to find the rogue. And what genre is this book in? Erotic Paranormal (Vampire) Romance

Who are the main characters? And why did you choose them?

Alexandra (Alex) Carlton and Stefan Marin. Alexandra is a strong name and means protector of man, which is appropriate for her character and Stefan Marin is Romanian.

What is the coolest or best part about your book? (Any Favorite scenes, the world-building etc.)

I particularly like the dialogue between the main characters. The secondary characters also play a strong supportive role as well. They help develop and showcase the main characters. But, I think the feisty and sexually charged banter between Alex and Stefan is fun and exciting.

Do you have a favorite character in the book? If so, why?

Alex. I created her first and I love her spunk and vulnerability.

Is this book part of a series? If so? What can we expect in future books?

I am making it part of a series. I fell in love with all the characters and didn’t want the story to end. So, I have started and almost complete with book two, Born to Play, and about four chapters into book three, Born Again in Dreams. I may go a fourth, but don’t want to go that far yet. Let see how these do.

If not? Are you considering expanding it?

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
No, I think I ended it on a good note and everything flowed well throughout.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Don’t rush the ending, which I tried to do. I had to let it rest for a week before I picked up and finished it.

Do you have a publisher? And if so, why did you choose them?

I do, Secret Cravings Publishing. I did have another for another novel I had in the pipeline for over six months, but the house closed abruptly without notice, so I was fortunate enough to have Secret Cravings pick that one up as well. So, I am absolutely delighted and happy to be with such a fine group of fellow authors and a great publisher.

As far as how I chose them, they chose me. I had pitched my story with a brief synopsis and was asked to send in what I had written which was about 70% complete and was conditionally accepted. I finished within the timeframe they allowed me and the rest is history.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

My husband. He is the one who originally inspired me to write. I began reading his stories and proofing his work. We recently collaborated and co-authored a novel called My Life as a Dog which is due out March 7 with Secret Cravings Publishing. So yes, I’d say without my husband supporting me I couldn’t be doing what I’m doing.

What books are you reading now?

When I have time, which I haven’t had much of, I’m trying to finish the Dark Series by Christine Feehan. My daughter got me started with her last year. Now, I’ve been trying to find the old ones and read them in order, but it’s not easy. But, I’m trying.

What are the current writing projects that you are working on?

Well, like I said earlier, I’m almost finished with Born to Play with Born Again in Dreams behind that one. I have a sequel to another story I have releasing in April, A Cougar and her Vampire, I’m calling A Vampire in Paris, with one of the secondary characters from The Cougar, and I have planned a third, but that’s definitely way in the future.

I have another shape shifter set in Egypt and that’s all I’ll say on that one and the Christmas With a Stranger free read short story I am interested in expanding into a full-length novel and re-releasing for next Christmas 2012. That’s my goal anyway. We’ll see if the publisher is interested. Of course, between now and the next release, who’s to say another idea won’t pop in my head and another story will be “born”.

Do you write full time? If not, do you hope to do so one day?

Since I don’t have a formal, outside the home type job because I retired, and I sit at my laptop computer a good many hours during the day, then yes I’d have to say I write full time.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I’ve always written something. I used to write stories and poetry as a youngster and teenager, and when I worked in business I did the usual business plans, correspondence, position descriptions, and things like that, but never anything like what I’m doing now. What started the actual sitting down and putting my ideas to paper just over a year ago would have to be my husband, Mike.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

I always find writing the intimate scenes the most difficult. I want them to be just right and “feel” right. In the one I’m working on now, it took me over a week to get the two chapters of the first encounter between the main characters perfect. One chapter was from his POV the second in hers from the same scene. Each ten pages long. Intense to say the least.

Do you have any advice for other writers seeking to get published for the first time?

I’m a first-time published author, so I’m not sure if I’m qualified to answer due to lack of real experience. I consider myself blessed and lucky. Maybe follow the rules for submission each publisher gives. Each one is different. Proof your work and polish it as best you can, or if in doubt, get another set of eyes to look the manuscript over before submitting. Sometimes you can’t see errors because our brains don’t register the mistakes.


Here's a bonus blurb:

Alexandra Carlton, Alex to her friends, the only girl born into a family of vampire hunters with strict rules. She lived and hunted by the Code. Despite insecurities and self-esteem issues about her appearance, she eagerly tracks a rogue vamp carrying a contagious virus, deadly to vampires and humans alike, to prove her worth, to her family and herself.
Alex meets Stefan Marin, a brooding 500 year old vampire. He helps her not only on her quest but tames her wildest passions and discovers the true beauty within her, the beauty he loves.

Together Alex and Stefan break all the rules uncovering more than a virus—hot sex, an uptight FBI Special Agent, spanking, hot sex, a nosy, meddling brother, more hot sex, bondage and submission, murder, and bad vampires.
Will their love survive the wild side they were born to live?


Thanks Cynthia for Dropping by!

You can find Cynthia's book on the web at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe