Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rosemary Entwined is the latest work by Erotic Menage Fantasy Author, Bianca Sommerland

Scribal Love Welcomes Bianca Sommerland

Bianca Sommerland is an author of Erotic Ménage Fantasy.  Her newest work Rosemary Entwined is available from Total E-Bound. 


What is the name of your latest book? And how did you come up with the title?

My latest published book is Rosemary Entwined. I've got a newer book contracted with Noble Romance Publishing, but since it's still in editing I guess I should keep mum about it--except for telling you that it's gritty and intense and much darker than my first novel.

The title came while doing research about Fairy Tales and plants (don't ask me to explain my random research methods, it confuses me! LOL!). Since the core of the story is based on Snow White, the 'Rose' part seemed to fit, but it obviously needed more. Then I came across the symbolism of rosemary entwined in a brides head-wreath to symbolize love and loyalty. There's a lot of other cool legends revolving around rosemary, but that was more than enough for me. Besides, with seven men the word entwined just seemed…appropriate ;)  

What is this book about?  And what genre is this book in? Here's the blurb: One kiss might save her, but if Rosemary has to lose even one of her men, she doesn't want a prince.  

The only role of Rosemary's nest of men is to feed her insatiable hunger for lust, but that's not what she wants for them. Or what they want from her. While Rosemary presses for them to live their own lives, they each find ways to steal into her heart. With the threat of her mother's nest hanging over them, Rosemary decides to surrender to the love they offer and focus on building their combined strength to stand against the inevitable attacks.

When her control over her powers slips, another problem arises. The nest is incomplete. A prince must be chosen, and if he is not among her men, she'll be forced to let one of them go.  
She once feared her heart wasn't big enough to hold them all. Now she fears she's not strong enough to release even one. Even if it costs her her life. 

 
As for genre, Fantasy for sure. It's also listed under ménage, but that's not quite accurate. If it was up to me I'd call the relationship polyamory, gives it a more permanent feel. 

 
Who is/are the main characters?  And why did you choose them?

Oh I hope you've got some time on your hands! LOL! 
 I'll pick three, but don't think I'm picking favorites. I love every one of these characters. 
First there's Rosemary. She lived her whole life in her mother's shadow, ever wary of drawing her mother's wrath, satisfied with her father's love and trying to make the most of the short life she believed she'd live. All this makes her very different from other cambion queens. She's grateful for everything she has--excessively so at time. 
 As for the men, I'll tell you a bit about the two alpha males Rosemary has to deal with, Kurt and Largo. *Just to let you know, all the men are named after the seven dwarves. Can you figure out which dwarves these two men got their names from?* 
Kurt is considered the leader and he 
 
What is the coolest or best part about your book?  (Any Favorite scenes, the world-building etc.. 


Do you have a favorite character in the book?  If so, why?

Can't say I have any favorites, but I do feel a little differently about each character. I had the easiest time writing Alaire and Felix when I was in a good mood. Chetan and Wylie were the characters I worked on when I was feeling thoughtful. Largo, he's such a man's man I often got in his head when irritate with the actual men in my life--he's just so loveable even though he's lazy! LOL! Kurt is very intense, but I found him the easiest to understand aside from Rosemary. Their motives are very noble and clear.

Is this book part of a series?  If so? What can we expect in future books? 

I would like to say yes, I've been batting around idea for at least one more book with Rosemary and her men, but we'll have to see how well I juggle all my other projects. As for what you can expect, well, think of the worse possible scenarios I can throw at these characters. Got something? Good. That'll be their down time. ;) 

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Sometimes I'm sure there are ways I could have made it better, places I could have gone deeper into explaining the world Rosemary lives in. But then I remember what I wanted from this book. I wanted to tell a story people would enjoy reading after a hard day. I wanted to tell the story of these amazing characters.

And I did.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

That I would really love to have my own nest of men!

Do you have a publisher?  And if so, why did you choose them?   


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

I refuse to choose just one. I'm lucky enough to consider three writers my mentors. Cherise Sinclair and Lisabet Sarai because they are who I aim to be as a writer and Cari Silverwood because she's such an amazing author and still takes the time to guide me in the right direction.

What books are you reading now? 

Raw Silk by Lisabet Sarai and Demon Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan.

What are the current writing projects that you are working on?

Another ménage. With hockey players. I love hockey players :)

Do you write full time?  If not, do you hope to do so one day?

Right now I'm lucky enough to be able to write full time. Which is good because I don't know how I'd be able to juggle writing and my blog and writing reviews if I had to work a nasty day job too. The kiddies keep my schedule crazy as it is.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I started writing very young. I can still remember bring my grandmother stories about evil unicorns when I was about six. I wrote a 200k novel in High School (mostly during math class) and continued from there.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Writing settings. My scenes tend to move so fast that I forget to let my readers know where my characters are. Thankfully between my fabulous editors and my crit group, I'm improving.

Do you have any advice for other writers seeking to get published for the first time? 

Ass in chair. That's the best advice I ever got and I repeat it to myself daily. I hear so many people saying they would love to write a book, but they don't have the time. If you're a writer, you'll make the time. 


After that it's just finding the right place for your book and learning to take constructive criticism. Never stop working at improving your writing. You characters deserve your very best and if you love them as much as you should you'll give them nothing less.
One of my requirements for choosing a publisher is they love my stories at least half as much as I do. Then there's pretty covers and excellent editing.



Total E-Bound gave me all the above.Strangely enough, all the normal scenes. When I got to know Rosemary and her history as well as a writer must, I really felt sorry for her. She really missed out on a lot of the simple things growing up like she did. The sweet scenes with her and each of her men are just that much more important when you really think about the fact that this girl didn't think she would live long enough to enjoy anything.


She has a scene where she's talking to the prankster of the group, Alaire, and they're brushing their teeth. Nothing big, but it way up there in my faves!


Thanks Bianca for Dropping by! 


You can find Bianca's book on the web at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe