Saturday, March 12, 2011

Paranormal Romance Author Mindi Ferrari discusses her newest work 'Midnight Assassins'

Scribal Love Welcomes Mindi Ferrari!




Mindi Ferrari is an author of Paranormal Romance.  Her newest work “Midnight Assassins ” is available from Secret Cravings Publishing.





What is the name of your latest book? 

Midnight Assassins

And how did you come up with the title? 

Love of course reminded me of hearts and while writing one of the scenes the main character gives a certain object to his love interest that's shaped like a heart. To me incorporating a line from the book and using it for the title always works. I even look for it in any book I read.

What is this book about?

Annie was definitely not ready for the life that was about to be handed to her.  She was dealing with a job she liked, but a boss she hated. She had no family and only one true friend. One horrible day took her life by surprise. Beaten and almost dead she finds her life in the arms of a handsome, over bearing vampire and wants nothing more than to stay put there forever, but can't seem to let go of her past.

Nicholie was definitely on a mission in his life; to kill the hunters that killed his sister Emma, and maintaining his life as an assassin which was more than time consuming. Closing in on a lead, he ends up finding Annie instead, and falls head over heels with this breathtaking human that he wants to make his own, testing his very belief system as a vampire.

And what genre is this book in?

Paranormal Romance/Erotica

Who is/are the main characters? 

Nichole Telfair(vampire) and Annie (Human) 

And why did you choose them? 

Nicholie had this overbearing, tough personality that completed Annie's soft unspoken, very docile attitude. In my mind they were both completely meant for each other. I pictured him holding her in her arms. Her sweet big blue innocent eyes looking into his strong face. The scene of them standing in front of his bedroom window holding each other completely nude was what started the whole story.

What is the coolest or best part about your book?

I laugh thinking about this scene every time. While it may not be about the main character, Nicholie's best friend Jude is at a bar and Nicky watches him grab a woman and start dancing to Feel like making Love By Bad Company. It was just hilarious picturing this giant vampire with layers of muscles twirling around a small female on the dance floor. He became this giant lustful teddy bear. And given Jude's personality it just cracked me up and was the highlight of the book.

Do you have a favorite character in the book? 

Jude, oh boy Judey(lol) 

If so, why? 

He such an arrogant prick, that gets all the women. His comments are hilarious and I built his character around being this man that dishes out so much friction in their lives. He's truly a jerk. But a big enough teddy bear that you want to see what he is about to say next. I truly looked forward to writing such a sexy mean man.

Is this book part of a series?

At first I didn't want it to be one but I felt Jude's story needed to be told and I myself wanted to see what would happen with the war on hunters. 

If so? What can we expect in future books?  

Definitely a lot of action and some heartbreak (a lot of sadness), my vampires pride themselves in their ability to torture the hunters. This next book in the series will focus so much on Jude's character and even a love interest which is huge for this boy.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 

No.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 

Wow I learned to be patient with myself and I learned that the characters as much as you want to change them, really do have a mind of their own.

Do you have a publisher? 

Yes Secret Cravings! 

And if so, why did you choose them? 

I loved what they stood for and I felt like they were more than a company but family. All the other authors are amazing as well. 

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 

Definitely J.R. Ward by far. She holds the bar so high in my world.

What books are you reading now? 

Gena Showalter, Darkest Passion

What are the current writing projects that you are working on? 

Wicked Games, another paranormal romance centered around angels. And a Contemporary Romance about a navy seal who falls for a romance writer. Also a self help/memoir on Lupus, RA, Fibromyalgia.

Do you write full time? 

Well full time for me (winks) 

If not, do you hope to do so one day? 

Always like every writer out there we want to earn money doing what we love. But if not I will enjoy doing it even if one person reads my stories

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 

I was reading R.L. Stine and I was nine years old. I finished his first book and thought wow I will do this when I grow up.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

I have always had a tough time describing emotions and feelings. For example, 
Here a sentence in my new novel I'm working on. “Vampire.” He scowled. 

Finding the right word is very difficult and sometimes you have to dig really deep. I wonder if there is a book for this sort of down fall. haha

Do you have any advice for other writers seeking to get published for the first time?

Be patient. You will get a hundred no's but the first time you get that one yes it will be the best day of your life, hell I jumped for joy and screamed. Always remember to write for you and never changed your direction or your strengths because one person does not like it. It will be hard work but it will be worth it. 

Never give up your dream and always push. And most important, find the publisher that wants you for you, don't sign with the first one that says yes just to be out there. Make sure it  is a good reputable company that respects their writers. I truly believe to that even the best writer needs advice on their work or could use a good critique partner because when you are trying to get published you need to be polished to perfection.


Thank you Mindi for Dropping by!

You can find Mindi on the web at: 

Mindi Ferrari Paranormal Romance Writer

http://www.mindiferrari.com  

http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/MindiFerrari.html

http://www.paranormalromance.org/reviews/author.php?id=6692

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We love and appreciate your feedback. Please note, any comment that appears to be spam or offensive in nature will be deleted.

Otherwise, we love and encourage your feed back and comments.

-Clare The Embraced Scribe